We invite you to explore agroecology initiatives and immerse yourself in a world of connection with nature.
Workshops and Events
Come and live a unique experience in contact with nature and the culture of the Caribbean! At the Batis Foundation, we offer on-site environmental education in our ecotone located in Puerto Colombia, Atlántico. Learn about sustainability, biodiversity conservation, proper waste management and much more, while enjoying outdoor activities such as guided eco-walks and making organic compost in our agro-ecological garden.
We offer customized workshops and events for groups of 6 people or more:
Join us and be part of the change towards a more sustainable and just world!
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to volunteer, what should I do?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Is there any cost for volunteering?
No! it's totally free. Just complete the registration process and we will contact you.
Should I be vaccinated?
No, we do not currently require our volunteers to be vaccinated.
What are the general volunteer activities?
Take advantage of this opportunity to live a unique experience. The activities are:
- Crop Club.
- Research and Biology.
- Mangrove planting days.
Welcome to our territory of reconnection with nature! Here, we invite you to become an agent of change through our volunteer programs. Located in Puerto Colombia, our territory combines mangrove and tropical dry forest ecosystems, where you can enjoy awareness and creation activities.
We have an agro-ecological garden, a waste management area and an edible forest of native species. In addition, we have an environmental science research laboratory.
Come and be part of the solution for social and environmental balance on our planet!
- Agroecology: Help in planting, harvesting and caring for plants in agroecological gardens, learn how to prepare fertilizers and natural biological controls, and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Environmental sustainability and resilience: Participates in biodiversity conservation and ecosystem restoration activities, supports the implementation of practices to reduce environmental impact and assists in identifying sustainable solutions for the community.
- Urban gardens and food sovereignty: Collaborates in the creation and maintenance of urban gardens to promote local food production and food autonomy of communities.
- Community nurseries: Assistance in plant propagation and the creation of community nurseries for ecosystem restoration and biodiversity conservation.
- Proper waste management: Participates in cleanup, separation and proper waste management campaigns, promotes recycling and reuse practices, and supports the creation of waste management systems in the community.
- Biodiversity conservation: Participates in activities for the conservation of species and natural habitats, such as fauna and flora monitoring, identification of invasive species, and ecosystem restoration.
- Compost management: Assistance in composting and maintenance for compost production and reduction of organic waste in the community.
- Orchard organization: Participates in the organization and planning of activities in the orchard, and in the implementation of practices for the care and maintenance of plants.
- Crop Rotation: Learn about the importance of crop rotation in sustainable agriculture, and help in the implementation of this practice in the garden.
- Planting and harvesting: Participate in planting and harvesting plants in the garden, learn about the proper techniques for each type of crop, and encourage sustainable agricultural practices.
- Environmental issues: Participates in awareness and education campaigns on environmental issues such as pollution, ecosystem degradation, wildlife trafficking and global warming, and supports the identification of sustainable solutions for the community.
- Conservation medicine: Participate in activities for the conservation of species and natural habitats, and learn about techniques and methods for research and monitoring of fauna and flora.
- Animal care: Support animal care in rescue and rehabilitation programs, and learn about the needs and behaviors of different species.
- Zoonosis: Participate in zoonotic disease prevention and control campaigns, and learn about the risks and precautions necessary to avoid the transmission of diseases between animals and humans.
Write us with your interests to participate as a volunteer in our activities!